Using the AMT configuration mode without User Consent, a PIN will not appear on the user's computer screen when the administrator tries to control it through the Remote Control feature using AMT. The administrator will be able to connect directly to the device without the intervention of the end-user.
Required configuration on the board of the device you want to manage
To configure Intel vPro AMT in ACM on your computer, for not require User Consent, you must first set some parameters on your computer's board:
You should set these settings within a mode called Intel® MEBx (Management Engine BIOS Extension) within the board:
1. Turn on your PC. After the initial startup screen, press and hold the <Ctrl-P> keys to enter the MEBx settings.
2. You will see a display like the following (The presence of menus and settings depends on the model of your board, the hardware components installed, and the BIOS version):
3. Select the MEBx Login option to access the settings available in this mode
4. The system will prompt for a password. Enter the password you have set on your device.
The default password for most devices is admin
5. Once you enter your password, you should see a window with the following options:
6. Select the Unconfigure Network Access option and press the Enter key.
7. When the system asks for confirmation, press the Y key. Wait a few seconds until the task is finished
8. Select the Active Network Access option now and press the Enter key.
9. When the system asks for confirmation, press the Y key. Wait a few seconds until the task is finished
10. Select the User Consent option and press the Enter key.
11. In the list of options shown, select the None option, and press the Enter key
12. Press the Esc key to exit Intel MEBx configuration mode, and save the changes you made.
Required configuration from Boardgent
To make these steps, you must have already installed the Boardgent agent on the device you want to manage.
1. With your device selected in the Boardgent console, go to the Start Execution option at the top of the console.
2. Click on the AMT Management tab.
3. Select the Add Boardgent MPS Server button.
4. In this window, you must enter the AMT Password set to enter Intel MEBx mode in step 4 of the previous section. Then, click on the Run button.
5. Boardgent will start configuring and linking your device to work with AMT in Admin Control Mode. Wait for the task to finish:
6. Once the task is finished, you should see a message like the following, indicating that the Boardgent MPS Server and KVM was configured successfully:
7. Now, with your device selected on the Boardgent Console, click on the Change AMT Wireless State button. This will be required for Boardgent to use AMT when your computer is connected through any Wi-Fi network.
8. Select the option Enabled when the device is turned on and sleep (Only when connected to AC). Then click on the Run button, and wait for the task is finished:
9. You're all set! Now, your computer is prepared to be managed by Boardgent using Intel vPro AMT without User Consent.
You will see in the Boardgent console that your device shows an Online status in the Agent and AMT columns.